GAINESVILLE, Fla. – Florida sophomore Trinity Thomas claims her third consecutive Southeastern Conference Gymnast of the Week award after her performance last Friday in No. 2 Florida’s win versus No. 4 Denver and No. 18 Iowa State.
This is her fourth SEC Gymnast of the Week recognition of 2020 and seventh of her Gator career.
Thomas’ All-Around Win:
- Turned in the nation’s leading total for the weekend (39.775) as the Gators won versus then No. 4 Denver and then No. 18 Iowa State to claim her fourth all-around win of the season.
- That total shares No. 3 among the nation’s top all-around totals of 2020. Has four all-around totals among the nation’s top 10 of 2020.
- 10.0 on balance beam makes Thomas the only gymnast in 2020 with a perfect mark on multiple events.Posted an uneven bars 10.0 on Jan. 24. Fourth Gator with perfect marks on multiple apparatus, joining Gator Greats Kytra Hunter, Alex McMurtry and Bridget Sloan.
- 16 event titles in 2020 and 42 for collegiate career. Fourth Gator to earn 40 or more career event titles as a sophomore.
- Current Road to National rankings – all-around (No. 5), balance beam (No. 1) and floor exercise (No. 1).
UP NEXT FOR THE GATORS:
Florida returns to Southeastern Conference action Friday at No. 17 Auburn.
This press release originally appeared on floridagators.com.